Monday, July 27, 2009

time for a makeover


Sometimes life gets in the way of life. When we moved in, our other studio had sold quicker than we thought it would, so we threw a lot of stuff in the house in a rush and said we would fix it later. That was two years ago. My office has been annoying me for a while now. Its just such a mess and not organised enough to keep up with my workload. And i have to share it with Craig.


The problem was that it was such a huge task I didnt know where to start. The other day I was reading some notes from a Jerry Ghionis Seminar, at the end I had written "Now go out and change the world, one day at a time." I replied grummpily "I dont want to change the world today, i just want to change my office." Light bulb moment. Seriously! I was looking at the whole office. Time to break it down into bits. So here is the "before" pic. Coming soon, the "after" pics! Its not finished yet, but I am tackling one thing at a time. And already its such an impovement.


So today has been marked in the diary as " get organised ". Sometimes you really have to work on the business, not just in the business, which is hard to do when you get busy.
EDITED to add : this is ridiculous. I have spent hours and hours and even the best part of my Saturday trying to get this room organised! I have put huge amounts of stuff in the rubbish and recycled as much as I can. And there is still a huge pile of stuff on the floor. I am tempted to put a post-it-note on the top with "miscellaneous" written on it and leave it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment