Friday, September 14, 2012

melbourne trip { a studio update }

Mostly I try to keep my blog about the photography, but me and my photography are so intertwined that sometimes the two become one. So this post is an explanation of sorts.... I am thinking of flying the coop to Melbourne this weekend. This trip has been planned three times. The first it was cancelled when Craigs grandfather passed away, and he had to go out of town for a couple of days. The second time was when my Uncle passed away. He was in hospital for a couple of days in Albury and I made a few trips down to see him, and as with him when he passed away one morning as the sun came up. With the funeral to organise I seem to have lost an entire week somewhere along the way.

I have also had preschool photos to do, plus all the work I am trying to get done before I go on maternity leave. And i have a 16 month old to look after as well. And im 24 weeks pregnant with twins.

So the question i keep asking myelf today is should i go to Melbourne for two days or not? I could stay here, maybe try and look at some new cars, cots and prams, try desperately to catch up on the laundry, the gardening and the editing, maybe try and have a nap? Or do i start packing now because it will take me all afternoon to pack for two days in Melbourne with me and Jade?

I think i really need the Melbourne trip. Get a dose of creative engergy, maybe see if i have enough creative zing to take some random photos of Melbournes amazing laneways, spend time with my baby girl and my fiancee. Just be.

So... lets just say I am a bit behind in editing, and I do apoligise, I am hoping to use this weekend to refocus, recharge and come back on Monday ready to rock n roll. At the moment with my huge tummy there is more waddling than rocking, but thats OK, I can work with that!

Craig snapped the photo of me at Jade's latest photo session, which I havent had time to edit yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment