Sunday, October 07, 2007

road trip


Almost two thousand kilometres later and we are back at rocket headquarters. We started the weekend off at Narooma for the Rockabilly Blues Festival where the Black Sorrows totally rocked. A bunch of friends go every year but this is the first time I got to go as I didnt have a wedding.
First up, Joe from the Black Sorrows ( or Bakelite Radio as they are also known ) rocking it up with the pink sax. We liked it so much we bought the cd!

Tex Perkins ( from the Cruel Sea fame )
Watermelon Slim on the harmonica and the guitarist ( this is one of the few shots of him without a cigarette hanging out of his mouth, same goes for the drummer )
We then moved down to Eden and went out to see some whales. Very cool! And very hard to photograph. I have decided never to become a professional whale photographer.The lovely little town of Tilba Tilba
A train bridge somewhere on the way to Melbourne
The Old Melbourne Gaol where Ned Kelly was hanged. This place has so much history.
And me in the hallway at the Albany Hotel where we stayed in Melbourne. This place has character. Its like an old lady with too much makeup on. I think I look better in the dark!



We had a great time on this trip, I have a wedding booked for long weekend next year so Craig will be going on his own again. But it was a great way to celebrate our anniversary. And no, no diamonds... sigh...
I have heaps of other stuff to post, so much work to do! There will be heaps of wedding posts coming up as the season gets into full swing. I have some great weddings that I am looking forward to shooting. And then it'll be Christmas... where has the year gone!
We also had our portraits done in Albury on the way home, so will post some of those when I get them. I think I changed my outfit like ten times...
Smiles!









No comments:

Post a Comment